Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The $30 Million-dollar Idea

So me and another guy were working today stocking food for like 7 hours. As we were stocking this food, he pointed out that just about everything for sale had something like “whole wheat”, “low fat”, “cholesterol free” and you get the idea. (I felt compelled to let him know that according to Man Law, no man is allowed to consume anything that has “fat free”, “diet”, or “light” in the name. But that’s beside the point.)

Anyways, as we were talking (that is, when he wasn’t commenting about how many hot women were in the store), I got an idea. If people are obsessed with health, what if we made a multigrain beer? Seriously. They can make beer out of wheat. The next logical step is whole wheat and perhaps multigrain. Pasta has already gone that direction. Makes sense to me that beer would follow suit. I’m sure it would taste disgusting. But most beer already does anyway.

And we were thinking that we should definitely think about being the first to make this stuff. He pointed out that people will buy the stupidest crap, especially when it comes to beer, so this should sell like crazy. I figure we only have so long to corner the market and get rich. Then some big-ticket company will come along and buy our idea for $30 mil, and we’ll be instantly rich. Oh, to dream big!

My only reservation is that there is already famines and food shortages all over the world, mostly due to ethanol, so I don’t know if it would be right to divert so much more grain to the production of beer.

So yeah. Wonder what we’ll come up with tomorrow.

-Bernier

1 comment:

mattyskillz said...

Bernier, I read up until the part where you said beer is disgusting. and then I punched my computer screen in anger because closing the web page just isn't my style. So I am typing this comment on another monitor now.

PS: You have made me angyier than I have ever been at 3 in the morning so I applaud your effort. That alone is an impressive accomplishment due to my usualy docile state at this time of night. I'm so distraught right now I can't even critique you.

Matt (That Critic)